“MIOperatunties” program seeks to enrich the lives of the Bloomington-Normal area community through high quality, accessible and free opera performances, presentations and hands on activities, whose focus is to educate anyone in the community about the opera genre and to instill a lifelong appreciation for it.
For our 2018 MIOperatunities program we will be presenting highlights from Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance! (You must reserve your tickets in advance)
Location: Illinois State University Center for the Performing Arts Concert Hall
Date: Monday July 30
Time: 11:00a.m. to 12:15p.m.
Contact Tracy Marie Koch, MIOperatunities Director for reservations and details.
- To provide the Bloomington-Normal community youth the opportunity to attend an opera.
- To educate the community about the opera genre through our MIOperatunities Program, where our target audiences are children, senior citizens, persons with special needs and families who cannot afford to normally go to a performance.
- To provide professional experiences for singers in our community.
- To provide FREE, accessible performances for the Bloomington-Normal community.
- To provide performing experiences for the MIO Children’s Chorus Participants, ages 7-18.
-Make the opera genre accessible to patrons in the Bloomington-Normal area.
We Inspire by:
Creating and fostering a love of the arts and creativity in children so they are able to be future patrons of the arts.
Exposing children to creative processes like music, dance and theater, this helps to enhance their creative thinking skills.
Offering senior citizens and families a convenient (matinee performance) and inexpensive way (free concert) to experience the arts in their community.
Our MIOperatunities program encourages the community to attend more concerts and performances and to participate in the artistic community of Bloomington-Normal!
The MIOperatunities Program is funded in part by grants and donations by private organizations! If you are interesting in donating to our program please contact Prof. John Koch at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. All contributions are tax deductible. we are a non-profit organization under the auspices of Illinois State University.